7 Items To Fight Your Belly Fat
Fighting belly fat can be an ongoing, never-ending battle for many people. Infinite diet plans are attempted only to end up more frustrated and bewildered when one looks in the mirror at a widening girth. What if you could turn off fat storing and put an end to that bloated look once and for all?
Belly fat is known as visceral fat that gathers inside our gut and protrudes outward. It has been linked to many diseases including heart and liver disease, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and cancer. Well, it turns out there are certain foods that can actually trigger our fat genes to turn themselves off. Plus, you do not have to feel deprived or count calories.
Here are 7 things you need to do in order to get rid of that belly fat and keep it off:
1. Cut Down On Salt – it is definitely one food item that raises blood pressure and increases inflammation in the body contributing to belly fat. Instead, use herbs and spices to add flavor to foods and avoid processed foods as much as possible. These are typically very high in sodium and contribute to the problem.
2. Avoid Artificial Sweeteners – those colorful little packets served on many dining tables and found in sugar-free foods are NOT doing your belly any favors. In fact, they promote hunger. Why? The brain registers that you received something ‘sweet’ but the stomach says, “Where is it? You told me I had something sweet and it is not here.” Many people report feeling hungrier within an out of consuming anything with artificial sweeteners. In a nutshell, the body doesn’t recognize the molecule and shuttles them to the fat cells. Who needs that?
3. Get A Good Probiotic – a good probiotic will help bring good bacteria into your gut and feed the ‘good’ microbes in your belly. A balanced gut is important for turning off your fat genes and reducing inflammation.
4. Think Protein And Fiber For Every Meal – eating this way will help turbocharge your metabolism that includes lean protein with healthy fats and lots of quality fiber such as vegetables and salad. Plus, this combination will keep you full longer making it easier to reduce that stubborn belly fat.
5. Drink A Plant-Based Smoothie – these make an excellent meal replacement that include protein, healthy fats and fiber including plant sterols that have been shown to reduce cholesterol naturally and support the immune system.
6. Stock Up On Your Favorite Spices – they are a delicious way to season food and beverages. For example, adding cinnamon to your morning coffee instead of sugar or artificial sweetener will help stabilize blood sugar levels throughout the day. Enjoy a piece of dark chocolate that can reduce inflammation and attack your fat genes.
7. Build Your Meals Around Vegetables – the brighter, the better when it comes to vegetables is the way to go to reduce body fat and keep you full. Plus, they are loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help prevent free radicals (toxins, chemicals and pollutants) from attacking your healthy cells.
Here is a good tip: Use a dinner plate for your vegetables and salad and a salad plate for your protein choice such as salmon or grilled chicken breast.
It is all about turning off the fat genes for reducing and preventing visceral fat gain. Eating this way can work with your gut bacteria to turn you into a fat-burning machine instead of a fat-storing machine. If a food has more than 5 ingredients and no expiration date, chances are you do not want to eat it for successful belly fat loss. Eating this way can reduce inflammation in the body and help turn-off those fat-storing genes. Eat like a champion.